Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tyrus Campaign Finished

After many months of manuver and battle, the Tyrus campaign has drawn to a close.

Here are the victory points earned by each force as of the end of the 11th week:

Chaos: 3200
Grey Knights: 3100
Necrons: 1400
Astramalleus: 900
Sisters of Battle: 800
Anger Sharks: 800

As can be seen, the top slot was hotly contested and only narrowly won.

Having captured the massive artifact at the center of the Tyus system, Typhus is going to attempt to create a new warp storm so he can claim a kingdom for his own.

It has been suggested that a final Apocalypse battle be fought to determine if this scheme can come to fruition. We await input from all the players to see if this will happen.

All in all, it was a noble experiment in map-based campaign play. For a first attempt at creating a dynamic system where all players had maximum choice I think it went rather well. Should we try again, there are several changes I think could be made.

Hopefully everyone had as much fun with this as I did. I really enjoyed not knowing who I would fight or where until battle was upon me. I also had much fun with the meta-gaming and scheming - as many will attest.

The big question now is....what is next for our intrepid League?

1 comment:

Atreides said...

I'm totally down for an Apocalypse game! Of course, it was my idea...

I think that the League should take a few games to acclimate to 5th Edition. I also think that the next campaign should be something where everyone can get a chance to fight everyone. I think there were more than a few rounds where some people didn't get to fight at all and a few where some people had a LOT of battles at once.

I'm looking forward to a 5th Ed campaign!!!