Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good Campaign!

This last campaign went really well, Thank you Gordon! They were fun scenarios, fairly balanced and the bonuses from the small games were not game-winners, but added to the play.

Here’s what I’ve learned or not learned from playing my Sisters:

What I’ve learned:

1) Take as many Celestines and Seraphim as possible.
2) Tanks are fun, but become immobile/die quickly.
3) A Canoness or Palatine is good people to have.
4) I hate priests.
5) I can paint my troops in less than a day and that I am a good painter!
6) The “Rapid Fire” rules.
7) How to allocate wounds better.
8) Giving everyone who can have a power weapon, a power weapon, no matter the cost.
9) How to move my flamer and “special weapons” into range.
10) Patience. Don’t try to do everything on turn one.
11) Always remember the objective.

What I haven’t learned:

1) How to use the Inquisitor Lord and retinue effectively.
2) How to get the Sisters into “Kick-ass” shooting range without getting charged next turn.
3) Combining the firepower of my troops.
4) Not to whine so much when my favorite squad gets killed off/runs away.
5) How to use my “Acts of Faith”.
6) Every little single detail that every little person on the list can do. (Give me ‘Nids, one size fits all!)
7) Being pro-active instead of being reactive.


So there are things to be learned, but I know that I am improving.

Thanks to all my opponents for their support!

4 comments:

kahn265 said...

2) How to get the Sisters into “Kick-ass” shooting range without getting charged next turn.

4) Not to whine so much when my favorite squad gets killed off/runs away.

I have the same problems with my Space Marines :)

-R

Ethereal Council, Dalyth Prime said...

The problem with Rapid Fire weapons is that when you're firing at 12" range, you are in charge range. Solutions to this include:
a) fire from cover, so that when you are charged, you're fighting first, or at worst, simultaneously.
b) get a favored firing position and maintain it, so that you are firing at 24" or so.

The good news is that you have good solutions to being charged, too, in your Acts of Faith & your Inquisitor, whether it's not being charged at all, or having invulnerable armor saves, or the like.

Good assessments, Poney-- and good improvements.

Capt Tyranus said...

It's good to see that you're getting the hand of your sisters.


And I would not despair about your learning curve with them.

The Sisters of Battle is probably the most difficult army to learn how to use because of all of its rules and the fact that it is so different from the other 40K armies.

And Faith Points take both time and instinct to use properly. But when you do...

On the positive side, it is very satisfying when you do get the Sisters to work and - contrary to popular belief - is a very powerful army when used correctly because it IS so different from the rest of the 40 armies.

Most opponents don't know how to effectively counter them.

Democratus said...

I'd also like to second the assessment that you are a good painter. Your army went from zero to looking awesome in the short span of one campaign.

Good work!