Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Club Night at the Lair!

Last night, we at CXI got to go build Imperial Ruins/Buildings for the Lair's new 40K terrain tables. Kurt, the new 40K Events Coordinator at the shop offered pay in blisters, which worked just fine-- I glued buildings for about four hours, and walked out with a Captain Stern Grey Knights blister, which is about twenty bucks MSRP, or minimum wage-- and that's fair. Other folks got Broodlords, Obliterators, an Imagifer, and I think Marcellus got a Librarian (not Evie!).

For the Ironbuilders Tourney this weekend, I think I'll pick up the Grey Knights Termies box, and bring them, with Stern, my Cadians boz and my Land Raider, and make a Daemonhunters army to field at the event. I'll prime and paint the interior pieces on the sprue first, though, so that I don't spoil that part of the model by assembling it quickly on Saturday.

Hope to see the rest of you there!

1 comment:

Democratus said...

A fun time was had by all, including cake!

I feel much more confident about assembling buildings now that I have gotten several mistakes out of my system. When it is time for our league to assemble an Imperial Sector it will benefit greatly from this rehersal.