Saturday, October 6, 2007

I'm getting better and better, slowly...

Last night I played Frank the Ultramarine player in a very good game. Earlier in the day I got cold feet and was thinking that I didn't want to play, but went anyway.

Frank is always a good player and seems happy to help people along. Of course he won, but I got some moral victories on my own.

The worst critique he gave me about my army was that it was "too good". He said that some of units needed to have their points shaved to get more models. I don't agree as without those points the units wouldn't make it across the board! I'll have a look and see if a little bit points couldn't be shaved though. :-)

The other moral victories were in the way he played. Several times he stopped for a while on his turn to think about who to shoot or if he wanted to get into H2H or not. He said "Crap!" a couple of times. And I made him scrafice several units so that my 'stealers didn't get to his Captain. (His Captain gave all his units a 10 leadership. Which he needed to keep from running away when I won the H2H.)

It was funny because he kept wanting his men to run so on his turn so that he could then shoot the 'stealers, but his Captain made them stay!

Anyway, it was a crushing victory for him. I was somewhat disappointed. I would really like to play someone like an Ultamarine who doesn't know that they are playing 'Nids. If they know that they are playing 'Nids then they make a shooty army and stand on table edge and shoot! I would like to play against just a regular army list to see how I do.

BTW, Frank took a neat picture of the battle where my warriors were surrounded on a hill full of marines. He also took a panaramic one of my Old One Eye. I'll post the pic as soon as we get it.! It looked sooooo coool!

No comments: